Today was one of those long days that you always hear about from new parents. Up til now, we'd been so confused when everyone kept saying, "Are you getting any sleep?" Usually everyone's first question, we had always responded with, "He's doing great - he's on a great schedule." Well today -- not the case.
I can't recall a time when I've been so utterly exhausted. After only two hours of sleep last night, Hayden wanted to stay up all day today. He would lay down for two minutes and then start crying... I'd hold him for ten minutes and then he'd start crying... he'd eat and then he'd start crying.
Chris went to work today so it was just me. I am not sure that I thought I'd still be alive to write this! Well, Chris got home -- I got a break -- I got some sleep and now it's midnight and Chris is just finishing Hayden's feeding. He's sleeping like a baby (such an oxymoron!)
No time to pick up a camera today. Just use your imagination and picture me at my ugliest, tiredest --- I'm sure your imagination is much better than any pic I could take.
At the end of the day, we continue to count our blessings. Hayden is precious. He doesn't know any better. If anything, it always felt good when he was crying and then would stop just as soon as I'd pick him up.
Thursday, March 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hi Shane and Chris and Hayden! Boy, do I remember those days (even 18 years ago!!) I can just see you both walking and holding that little one and I know it doesn't change anything but just imagine how fast time is going by now. I still remember bringing Jess home and saying "she was born yesterday and tomorrow she will be going to college" and it has happened! Treasure and hang on to each wonderful precious moment ... you have so many more joys ahead ..... Love, Aunt Dianne
Ah yes...i remember when Madeline slept for the first 2 weeks and everyone kept telling me how lucky i was. I kept saying "she hasnt woken up yet...she will" and BOY did she ever! I'm glad for you that holding him helps (so its probably not colic). We loved the swing and bouncing on a yoga ball or taking a bjorn walk when she was really needy. Good luck. sweet dreams.
xoxo
When Annie was new I received a card saying "treasure these precious moments, they will fly by" after being up for nearly 24 hours and feeling that it was the longest day I'd ever lived, I began to deeply deire some "flying" time. I think Hayden is so lucky that you obviously still love and adore him after such a day. I must confess I had fantasies of a kindly group a travelling gypies coming by and striking a good deal.
Post a Comment