Wow! That was a long break from blogging! I hope we didn't lose too many of you in our absence!
It has most definitely been a long week! We had a great weekend with our friends Lisa and Ben who came to visit all the way from San Francisco. We toured the sites of Chicago, enjoyed a crazy hot weekend (80 degrees!), and ate a lot of great Chicago food.
Although the weekend was great, the one downfall was that I caught a cold... the worse part is that Hayden caught my cold. Try as I did to quadruple sanitize my hands every three and a half seconds, it seems that he has gotten his first cold. Luckily this bug only consisted of a stuffy nose and sore throat... no fever. It's heartbreaking to watch him struggle to breathe through a stuffy nose. He is also not a huge fan of the bulb syringe. For those of you who aren't familiar with this contraption, it's basically a vacuum for the nose! It's funny the things you get excited about as a parent. I actually found myself saying today.. after I had a successful run with the bulb syringe, "oh good boy Hayden.. look at all the boogies that we got!" Yup, excited about boogers, snot, mucus! Let me just add that to the list of "Good burp!", "Did you make some poopies.. good boy!", and "What a cute little fart." Two months ago the words "fart" and "cute" didn't belong in the same sentence.
Anyway, Hayden has now had the cold for a few days (since Tuesday) so hopefully he's nearing the end. Mine lasted for five days so I'm guessing his will be at least that.
I have to confess that I played the role of paranoid dad on Monday. I knew he just had a cold. I had checked his temperature a billion times and it was fine. He was just stuffy and coughing, but I still had to take him in to Dr. Mikhail to get checked out. Of course, she said that he was okay and just needed time to get through the cold. In my own defense, we were about to get on a plane and I just wanted to make sure he was okay to travel.
Chris left for New York City for work on Sunday night. He has to be there until Friday this week. Hayden and I stayed in Chicago for a couple days and then we headed here to Rochester on Wednesday. Chris has to be back in New York City again next week as well and I wasn't sure that I'd be cut out for two full weeks alone with the baby! So Hayden and I are staying here in Rochester with Grandma and Grandpa. Chris will get to come to Rochester for the weekend and will head back to NYC on Tuesday. Then he's coming back here next Thursday night so we'll all be here for his birthday on Friday (April 6) and for Easter Sunday. We head back to Chicago that night.
Well, Hayden is sleeping, all curled up next to me. His nose is all stuffed up so he has a cute little snore like Daddy Chris! There I go again using the word "cute" with a word like "snore."
Thursday, March 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh Yeah.... now I have a new picture to put on my background! What a beautiful picture of Hayden! Tried to call Grammie Jean yesterday but she must be really busy helping with her favorite (and only) grandson... will try again later! Can't wait to get out to see him!! Love, Aunt Dianne
Post a Comment