Good news! Hayden is doing great today. When we got to the NICU this morning, the doctor told us that he had a great night and made some great progress overnight. His CPAP (oxygen mixer) was removed this morning and he was finally able to begin feeding today! How cool was it when we each got a turn at feeding our little baby boy! He is still getting a little help from a small oxygen tube, but his breathing has GREATLY improved! The best part of the day was getting a chance to hold him and spend some great "close-up" time with him. He has been waiting to eat for a couple days so he was more than happy to start today. Every other feeding they will increase the amount of formula and lessen then amount of the IV so that he can be weened off of the IV gradually. One less tube! Our surrogate was released from the hospital today. She is still sore from the c-section, but she is probably one of the strongest women I know! She and her family will be up here with us for a few more days before they head back home (where I'm sure her kitties miss her lots!) Chris and I are starting to develop a schedule for the feeding. Tonight we're both going to do the 9pm feeding and then Chris is going to sleep for a few hours while I do the midnight and 3 am feeding. I'll sleep during the next two and then we'll all be able to spend the day together tomorrow. It sounds good now... we'll see how it works out! Tomorrow Grandma Ray is flying to Portland to meet her first grandson! She arrives in the morning and I'm sure we'll go straight from the airport to the hospital! Lastly, thanks to all of you who have emailed us with your congrats and continued best wishes. Obviously, we haven't been able to write back yet but we soooo appreciate hearing from you all. It brightens our day to know how welcomed in to this world Hayden is. Here are the pics from Day 2:
Daddy Chris gets to hold Hayden!
Awww! A good little nap after his first feeding!
Daddy Shane gets a turn!
We're giving video a shot on the blog! I hope it works... If not -- you'll have to just come visit!
Hi Shane and Chris ... me again! I come into work every morning and the first thing I do is go to your blog ... absolutely love it! Talked to your Mom this morning before she got on her flight to Portland and she is so very excited about meeting Hayden! The video worked - Yay!!! He is so precious and tiny (which will change fast once you guys get him home - absolutely amazing how fast they grow!!) Love you both and keep the pictures coming! Aunt Dianne
Things are-a-changin in our lives and we want to keep all our loved ones informed of the exciting changes! If you're visiting for the first time, check out the archives below and be sure to click on February 2007 in the right hand side bar to see pics and stories from Hayden's first twenty days of life!
1 comment:
Hi Shane and Chris ... me again! I come into work every morning and the first thing I do is go to your blog ... absolutely love it! Talked to your Mom this morning before she got on her flight to Portland and she is so very excited about meeting Hayden! The video worked - Yay!!! He is so precious and tiny (which will change fast once you guys get him home - absolutely amazing how fast they grow!!) Love you both and keep the pictures coming! Aunt Dianne
Post a Comment