Saturday, February 24, 2007

Day Nineteen - Journal

There are so many things that you get bombarded with at the hospital before you take your baby home. One of the biggest things that is stressed is "back to sleep" which is the campaign to ensure that all babies are sleeping on their backs. Of course, we all grew up sleeping on our stomachs, but research tells us that back sleep is safer for infants. Coupled with that is the idea that you must also give your young infants plenty of supervised "tummy time" so that they can build strength.

Well, today was the day... Hayden had his first tummy time and we were all there to watch. I have to say -- it was pretty darn cute! And he is pretty darn strong! We captured some pics for you all to see:

2 comments:

A said...

I just looked through your flicker album. It had already been such a long journey for you three. Here's hoping that you have plenty more lazy days ahead and lots of time to sit and watch Mr Hayden sleep. XOXO

Aunt Dianne said...

Hi ... sounds like your adjustment is doing well! The tummy pix of Hayden are absolutely adorable ... I made him my background (better be careful, his little cousin Genevieve might get jealous since I have had her there for quite awhile now!!) He really does look like he is growing, guess its time to talk to Grandma Ray and see when we can come visit!! Keep smiling! Love, Aunt Dianne